Featherlinks is a super simple and lightweight plugin for creating pretty outbound links on your WordPress blog. Featherlinks is the easiest affiliate link manager for WordPress. And it has no cruft or extra features you won’t use.
Instead of linking someone to http://www.somerandomproduct.com/?referrer=888889, you can give them a nice pretty: http://yoursite.com/go/randomproduct
But that’s just one example. Whether you use affiliate programs or not, this plugin will give you a simple way to maintain consistency across your various mediums of communication and see exactly how many people are following your links.
Here are the main use cases:
- Links to affiliate programs where you’d rather not show the user all of the scary looking URL parameters
- Links that may change. Example, you could setup http://yoursite.com/go/hosting and update that to be whatever host you currently recommend to your readers.
- Links you want to track. Every Featherlink is tracked as a incrementing view count. It’s simpler than Google Analytics and won’t get buried in lots of other meaningless stats.
Here are the main features of Featherlinks:
- Rapidly create external (or even internal) links that 302 redirect to your chosen destination
- Set your own slug. The default is http://yoursite.com/go/slug, but you can easily change it to your favorite permalink slug, such as: http://yoursite.com/outbound/slug
- Easy to use interface. Our settings page has only one option!
- Light and feathery code. The whole plugin is less than 500 lines of code. No more installing multiple plugins with large feature sets to do one simple job.
- Light and feathery price!
For more information on installing and using this plugin up please view the documentation.